Care and Cleaning
Sheepskin products need proper care and attention to remain at
their best. Simply add a small amount of quality shampoo or Aussie Wool Wash
Liquid to cold water in a washing machine on a very gentle cycle, or hand
wash. Always treat your sheepskin products with care and look after them as they
will look after you.
- Dry in mild sunlight or preferably shade
- Small stains should be removed by lightly sponging soiled area
- Rugs should be brushed with a strong hair brush or similar product as the
drying cycle nears completion. This will restore the natural soft fluffy feel.
- Longwool rugs especially, should be brushed and aired frequently as
this will keep your rug in great shape.
- Pet rugs can be cleaned as above and sprayed with pest control
- You should always spray your garments or ugg boots and slippers with a
moisture repellant if
you intend to wear them outdoors.
Things to avoid when cleaning sheepskin are:
- Hot water. This causes permanent damage by stripping the natural oil,
(lanolin) from the pelt making it very hard and rough.
- Anything with an enzyme in it such as washing powders or detergents used
in normal laundry practices.
- Sheepskin must not be spun, or dried in severe heat. This will damage and
harden the soft pelt.
- Never under any circumstance dry by any method other than those
- Exposure to severe heat or tumble drying will destroy the product.